Sunday, August 24, 2008

Sunday bloody Sunday

Don't you just love Sundays? Being able to simply kick back and not worry about the work week that lies ahead... just relax...

Yeah, me neither.

I woke up nice and early this morning and did my usual routine, which consists of hitting up the local Starbucks. As I was sitting there, who walks in? Josh Byrnes. For those of you that do not know Josh, he is the thirty-something General Manager of the Arizona Diamondbacks. I have met him a few times before and even interviewed him for my book. He recognized me (always good when someone of power remembers you) and we chatted for a bit. Super nice guy.

Now I am preparing mentally for the week of hell. Next Saturday is my huge event at work, Phoenix Cooks. It is actually pretty cool (a huge food and wine tasting event) but a lot of stress. So if I am not posting much next week, you know why.

I saw a pretty good movie Friday night, Vicky Christina Barcelona. If you have been to Barcelona or like Scarlett Johansson and Penelope Cruz (who doesn't) then you would love it. I have been to Barcelona and it is a bad ass city. If you have the means, I highly recommend it.

Good talk. Let's do this again sometime.

No comments: